A speaker for all your technology needs!
Doug is a long-time entrepreneur and multiple business owner. He is the founder of Elkhound Media and the founder and host of the Blog Camp Conference. He grew up in his family’s sign business and learned to answer the phone as a business owner not as “Hello, Triplett family”.
Doug got his first computer in 4th grade, a Texas Instruments TI-99/4a. This was an amazing event. Doug taught himself how to program in BASIC and a love was born. Time passed and so did the many of other computers Apple IIe and others. Doug began using the Internet in 1990 when then net consisted of unix and vax machines. Sending an email meant telling the server it was going to the net because few people used internet email.
Doug started his first company, WarpGate BBS in the late 90s and was the first dialup internet provider of its kind in Huntington. Later came stints in direct sales and finally working in the family business.
Doug has degrees in Social Studies and English education, Masters degrees in Christian Discipleship and Christian Education. He is currently working toward a PhD in curriculum and instruction with an emphasis on online education.
An avid comic book collector, writer, and traveler, Doug lives in Huntington WV.
Doug is available for interviews in all media. I especially am interested in doing podcasts. I am a member of HARO and love to help reporters with their stories and articles.
Why book me as your speaker?
- I’ve been there. I have spoken at many events over the years at a national level. I have been a paid speaker at the National Writing Conference professional event. I have spoken at several WordCamps. I have also been a teacher for years. I know what works and what doesn’t when it comes to engaging a room and making sure your audience learns and is entertained.
- I was a radio DJ in college. I learned to speak well and enunciate for interviews. I did the news and weather along with music.
- I’m always prepared. I can provide notes and talking points for any interview. I am also good at adapting on the fly for keeping an audience’s attention.
- We could trade interviews and speaking engagements. I am developing a podcast and there is always a need for speakers at BlogCamp.
- i am a firm believer that if I am working for you I am there to bring maximum value to your product. I will always circle the discussion back to you.
Important things to remember about sponsored posts
- All sponsored posts will be notated as such.
- All links are nofollow. Sorry, no exceptions.
- We enjoy working with partners for sponsored posts. These posts could be on our site or in social media. Contact us for current rates.
- We do not do unsolicited book or product reviews without compensation. If you think your product would be a good fit, contact us.
- As a general rule we do not accept unsolicited guest posts, reviews or infographics.
- If you want us to link to you, consider becoming a sponsor.